You can type here any text you want

need help belt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

redd222

put 640 belt on way too long. i think i have all brackets in right position .looped belt right. need help please.

Same problem here.

I had the same problem after removing my a/c compressor(if it was my choice I wouldn't have) and put on the a/c delete from napa. The stock sized belt did okay at first, keep in mind this belt was brand new, because I burned the old one off with the a/c compressor. Once the new belt broke in, it began to squeal. I went to Napa, whom I usually don't go to, and they gave me two other choices: smallest belt had a difference of about 2 1/2 inches from stock, the second smallest(which I used) was about 1 1/2 inches longer than the smallest. The smallest was about an 2 inches too short; even with the tensioner "maxed out". So depending on you routing, wear and tear on the tensioner, and the belt your having trouble with now its all up to your speculations. Go for the shortest first, which will not work unless your running the s-10 a/c delete, don't start the engine make sure it's not too tight and of course, not too lose(don't pry the belt on). If this belt is still too long then your having problems with routing or bracket location, which usually isn't the case considering they come off one way and go on one way. Hope this helps. If you want the part number to the belt I used let me know.:smile:

Back