You can type here any text you want

Need Help- brake light/ brakes stay on

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2badgn

I have an 87 GN and the powermaster was replaced in 2000 ( brake light was always on) by a turbo shop that specializes in turbo cars.

I think that the powermaster was a rebuilt one because the price on the receipt says $385.90.

Since 2000 i unfortunately have put under 1,000 miles on the GN.

Well I am getting ready to take the car out for the summer and i have noticed 2 problems.

1. the tailights stay on when the brakes are applied. i bought a new brake switch for under the pedal but i have not installed it yet. when i lift the pedal up, the brake lights turn off.

2. When i press the brake pedal, the brake light on the dash comes on and then turns off. (this happens several times)

Could problem 2 be solved by installing brake switch under the pedal?

Like I stated previously, the powermaster is 6 years old and i have not put any mileage on the car. What could be the problem?

I dont want to return to the turbo shop bc they always keep the car for 2-3 days and i just dont trust leaving the car with anyone.

the brakes work well otherwise.

I dont want to convert to vacuum.
I want to keep the powermaster.
please help.

Thanks
Frank

Sounds to me like the brake switch is fine but just sligfhtly out of adjustment. The brake light on the dash may be indicative of a failing accumulator ball on the Powermaster.

Back