You can type here any text you want

NEED HELP!! car has a miss...still...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phirefighter515

:mad: ok so here is the deal. I had a running problem with my car. The motor popped through the intake and never went over 2 pounds of boost so someone told me the timing chain was bad. So I pulled everything apart to do that job and decided to put a cam in it right away since I had it there. I replaced the cam, lifters, valve springs, timing chain and gears. The car still has the basic same problem with a miss. The coil and module were changed out with 3 others and no relief. 1 of those 3 were off a car I drove into the garage 5 minutes before. I replaced the plug wires with new and the plugs were cleaned when the new parts were installed(they only had about 20 miles on them before). I used a simple spark checker and cylinders 2, 4, and 6 seem to be fine. Cylinders 1 and 3 are about the same. Cylinder 5 is an almost constant spark and very bright compared to others. I don't know what to check and/or replace next. Also one of the lifters is making some noise on the drivers side. You can usually only hear it with your head under the hood listening for it, but its annoying to hear that after I replaced it all. :confused: I really need some help. For some reason, after all the "Buick" people I talked to no one can give me a straight answer on what to try next. :rolleyes: Any pointers are helpful.

these cars are hard to diagnose with out a ton of info. with your problem it could be many things. did you make sure you have a good working maf? and all hoses are clamped good with no tears in them?

I just went and changed out the Computer with one from another running car. It didnt change anything. I put an inline spark checker on the coil pack and all seem to be firing good. I took it out around the block and it builds boost and doesnt pop at all. It just stumbles at first until it builds boost and then takes off pretty good. I guess I should have checked for spaark with a better tool first...

This may NOT be your problem but here goes. I went and helped a buddy of mine yesterday with his 87 T and here is what we found. His car would pop thru the intake every once and a while while driving and would eventually get to where you could hardly drive it. We started the car and it idled rough so for some reason we moved the intercooler and the car cleared up when it was let go it became rough again. We removed the bracket on the drivers side of the intercooler because it connects to the bolt that holds the crank sensor in. The car started and idled fine for a while them started again. It appears he has an issue with his crank sensor. Just a thought!!!

Rick

I just went and changed out the Computer with one from another running car. It didnt change anything. I put an inline spark checker on the coil pack and all seem to be firing good. I took it out around the block and it builds boost and doesnt pop at all. It just stumbles at first until it builds boost and then takes off pretty good. I guess I should have checked for spaark with a better tool first...

hey you are not too far from me you should come to moon park car show in moon township on sunday 10am to 8pm. there will be a few of us turbo buick guys there. it is a huge show in the park. if your not sure where it is you can give me a call at 724-630-4107. i am 15 min from airport

Back