You can type here any text you want

need help w/ oil pressure gauge install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cecil bass

Does anyone know what type of brass fitting that I can use in place of the stock brass oil pressure feed block for adding the sending unit, and keeping the dummy light sender? I suppose its some type of "T"....?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I tapped mine off the top of the turbo. I think it is 1/4" NPT. I bought a T with a male end and two female ends. The T went into the turbo and the original fitting went on top of the T. Then I put the oil feed line into the top fitting and used a piece of brake line into the T. I bent and ran the brake line down the intake and behind the coil pack. This double fitting fits under the turbo shield also. You will need a tubing bender and do some measuring to buy the right length brake line. It is clean and accessible and easier than getting all grimy down under. Then you hook your gauge line up to the other end of the brake line.

remove the idiot sender and screw in a 1/4npt tee with a short nipple , screw the idiot sender back in to the tee and that leaves one 1/4 npt port for the oil sender

Hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• Buick_Oil_Sensors.jpg
    Buick_Oil_Sensors.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 376
  • 20140708_180637-2.jpg
    20140708_180637-2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 335
Go to Lowes get these two fittings.
brass tee and adapter
Watts LFA-729 & LFA 730

Here's some other pictures, and ideas