You can type here any text you want

need help with 02 sensor istall and other stuff

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tonysmach

I purchased AC Delco oxygen sensor, single purple wire as recommended. I realized that the plug on my car is for 4 wires. The 02 sensor I pulled out of there was a NTK 4 wire unit that apparently is for a Jeep. What do I do? The purple wire on the car splices into the 4 wire plug (plug with blue). The wire from the 4 wire plug leads to this black box. Is this part of the alky system? What is this black box for? And then there is this red plug that was not plugged to anything. Should it be? All I was trying to do is replace my O2 sensor so my scanmaster would read correctly. Please help if you can.

Attachments

• 2 wires.jpg
    2 wires.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 143
  • black box.jpg
    black box.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 157
  • sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 136
Heated O2

I think you have a heated o2 sensor--the plug/play harness is from Casper's Electronic(I belive).
You could just- disconnect/remove the harness and go back to the 1wire sensor or get a heated o2 sensor and replace the OLD sensor.

sorry for the late post...John is the MAN!!!!

Do I need a Solenoid? Car runs fine

Red plug is for the wastegate solenoid.

What is the reason for it not being hooked up to anything. Previous owner had stock wastegate. I just installed 3" DP with external wastegate. Do I need a solenoid? Where would it go? Car runs pretty strong without this. Thanks for your help. There is just a massive amount of wires with these engines.

Man oh man, there sure must be a lot of hacked up GN's out there. :eek:

Man oh man, there sure must be a lot of hacked up GN's out there. :eek:

I just need to organize the engine bay and figure out what I need and what I don't need. Can you help with where the EGR box is suppose to be attached to? and why would there not be a solenoid for the red plug?

I just need to organize the engine bay and figure out what I need and what I don't need. Can you help with where the EGR box is suppose to be attached to? and why would there not be a solenoid for the red plug?

The EGR solenoid is suppose to mount to a bracket that attaches to the left valve cover top rear stud and the second from the rear intake bolt.

It's hard to tell from your picture (the first one) where on the engine you are.
There are two red (two prong) plugs in the engine bay. One goes to the boost solenoid on the passenger side valve cover, the other would be on the other side plugging into the charcoal cannister purge valve, drivers's side near front of engine bay.

As for the O2 sensor you bought, just plug it into the singe wire conenctor that the other one was pugged into. Even that 4 wire heated O2 plug has a wire comming out of it, which plugs into the one wire OEM plug that takes the O2 signal into the car.

Separate that one wire plug and the O2 will plug into it.

As for the EGR solenoid mounting, That's kinda hard to describe. It has a bracket that fastens to two bolts/studs near the back of the intake.

I haven't found a real good picture, but here's the best I have right now:

click to enlarge:

You can see one part is mounted to a valve cover stud in the extreme lower left of the picture. click on the picture to enlarge it.

It's hard to tell from your picture (the first one) where on the engine you are.
Picture is on Driver's side.
There are two red (two prong) plugs in the engine bay. One goes to the boost solenoid on the passenger side valve cover, the other would be on the other side plugging into the charcoal cannister purge valve, drivers's side near front of engine bay.

As for the O2 sensor you bought, just plug it into the singe wire conenctor that the other one was pugged into. Even that 4 wire heated O2 plug has a wire comming out of it, which plugs into the one wire OEM plug that takes the O2 signal into the car.

Separate that one wire plug and the O2 will plug into it.

As for the EGR solenoid mounting, That's kinda hard to describe. It has a bracket that fastens to two bolts/studs near the back of the intake.

I haven't found a real good picture, but here's the best I have right now:

click to enlarge:

You can see one part is mounted to a valve cover stud in the extreme lower left of the picture. click on the picture to enlarge it.

OK. The red plug in the picture must go to cannister purge valve, maybe.

A new heated sensor is $70 shipped. I paid $23 for the AC Delco. Is the heated sensor that much better?

Ok. I may need the bracket for the EGR Solenoid.

Thanks very much for your help.

What is the reason for it not being hooked up to anything. Previous owner had stock wastegate. I just installed 3" DP with external wastegate. Do I need a solenoid? Where would it go? Car runs pretty strong without this. Thanks for your help. There is just a massive amount of wires with these engines.

If you have a chip with the waste gate solenoid disabled, you do not need it plugged in. Same thing goes for the EGR solenoid. Currently the Turbo tweak chips are the only ones I know of that have this feature.

If your car still has a stock chip or a chip w/o it programmed in and you unplug a sensor it will throw a code and your SES light will come on.

Here's a pic of my engine bay. It might be hard to tell but the EGR solenoid is in this pic, it looks like it's sandwiched between the driver side valve cover, throttle cable bracket and EGR. And yes it is mounted on a bracket that bolts to the driver side valve cover bolt, top bolt, closest to firewall.

TtypeOct272007001.jpg

thank you. that explains why I don't have a waste gate solenoid and I don't have the engine harness connector going into the EGR Solenoid. I can't even locate the EGR connector that is suppose to plug int the EGR Solenoid. Where does it come from? Is the turbo tweak chip the chip that is used with Razors Alky system because that is what I have? Now it is starting to make sense.

I don't believe it's required to use a TT chip with a Razors kit. The TT chip is the rave because as long as you have a Scanmaster you can adjust your timing, WOT fuel, etc.

The EGR solenoid plug I believe comes out of the same loom as the coil pack wires.

If you want to see what chip you have pull the ECM from the pass side kick panel, then remove the little door that's held on by a small screw. A TT chip has the TT label, along with if it's a street or alky chip, timing (default) and octane required.

Back