You can type here any text you want

Need Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bowtiepony

I am looking at a '68 Corvette. The car is a factory 427ci 4 speed car, it has all brand new interior, new 4 speed not matching numbers but is original tranny for car, and the motor is a fresh 427ci not sure if matching numbers but is stock satroke and bore of the '68 427. All the drivetrain has been gone trhough and freshened has new 12 bolt rearend, everything in the interior is done, all the car needs is paint, it has manual brakes, wondering what the car is worth if it is NOT matching #'s and the value if it is? Any help would GREATLY be appreciated. THanks Joe

Assuming it's a coupe and originally was a 427 4 speed car the retail end of the business is $20-35K. Proof (protecto plate, dealer invoice, build sheet, MSRP sticker) of the 427 engine would help however not being matching engine or transmission is going to hurt the seller up to 50% of the value of the vehicle. To determine true value to you I would consider the cost to acquire, then the cost to finish the car to your liking. If that number is amenable then you have an appropriate value for you. Needless to say if adding it all up comes to $50K or beyond I would walk away from the deal quickly. Pics would help...:cool:

Back