You can type here any text you want

Need recommend for good front tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I want to stay with close to a 26" height. Since 215-65-15 is almost impossible to find for a reasonable price, I am looking at 205-70-15. They are 25.5". Just curious if these will have enough load carrying ability and footprint to handle properly. This is for a stock GN wheel.

John Larkin said:
I want to stay with close to a 26" height. Since 215-65-15 is almost impossible to find for a reasonable price, I am looking at 205-70-15. They are 25.5". Just curious if these will have enough load carrying ability and footprint to handle properly. This is for a stock GN wheel.
try here..

www.tirerack.com

Hey John,

I've been running the 205/70/15's on stock T-Type wheels, on the front for several years. No problems here with handling for normal street driving, although they are somewhat "skinny". I wouldn't use 'em on the rear though.

I ordered the BFG Radial TA's from TireRack in 215/65/15...
71.00 each...
on the doorstep two days later... :)

You can see how they look in the sig link... :cool:

Use a 235/60/15 all the way around. I have used the Firestone Indy 500's and was very pleased with them. The BFG's are very good also. hope this helps. A word about Tire Rack..... they have their tires pretty cheap but then you pay shipping and them you have to get them mounted and balanced and new valve stems and ...... on and on... You will probably come out the same or cheaper by going to a local retailer. I know, i used to work for Firestone and we always beat tire rack in the end

I like T/As. I was hoping to put a goodyear on to match the GTIIs in the rear. I have a 235/60 now and there are some rub marks in the wheelliner on lock-to-lock. Not that it happens often but they will touch.

Back