You can type here any text you want

Need some help FAST before I leave...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
Im getting ready to leave to go work on the car, and will be away from a comp. So I need help pretty quick.

My first issue is revs. I had an exhaust leak, and we are going to finish it up tonight. We had them re welded. My question is, before the car wouldnt rev all that high whatsoever. It sound like it might have been going to about 3500. Now, with the turbo not spooling up all the way, will this cause an issue with how high the car revs? It was only building about 5psi.

The other thing is I have a thrasher 92 chip, and was wondering with this chip if I need to take off my egr or not, and if this might screw with how high the car will rev.

Since the headers are getting fixed, it should spool up quite a bit further than 5psi, right? PLEASE help me with the revving issue also.

Thanks a MILLION!!!!

The car should pull to the revlimiter regardless of boost. Having no EGR and a chip made for EGR can make it detonate at part throttle but it won't stop it from revving. A header leak can definately make the boost fall off.

Is it blowing smoke out when it hits this rev limit? I would start with coil pack, module, cam sensor, crank sensor. Make sure the crank pulley is tight. What does the tach do when it stops revving? Other things could be grounds, valvesprings, MAF pipe or cold air causing a restriction, plug wires and plugs (those would be more dependant on boost level rather than rpm).

I've had a blown head gasket that blew to the outside, sounded like a header leak, and caused sort of a revlimiter effect.

Back