You can type here any text you want

Need some help with my power trunk.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
The other day my power trunk system quit working, and thus my trunk is now stuck open. The power release still works, it's the pull down mechanism that is not. I was told to disconnect the positive battery cable to re-set it, that did not work. I removed the plastic trunk trim and inspected the system best I could. There were no visible signs of disconnected or broken wires. No signs of a burnt motor or broken parts. For whatever reason it just quit working??? Any ideas???

Hi Joe,

Is your pulldown mechanism stuck in the up or down position? I had mine stick down once. I forget the exact fix, but it involved using the end of a screwdriver to push down one of the little 'arm' pieces, to get it to pop back up. You may want to do a search on one of the thirdgen boards, I'm sure they'd have more info.

All the firebirds that I have owned at one time or another have done this. screwdriver trick works everytime;)

Back