You can type here any text you want

Needing a wastegate for 82 GN.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justin

I am needing a wastegaet for my 82 turbo GN if anyone has an extra for sale or knows a part number if they are still available. Email me at fetterkirk@aol.com.
Thanks

Yes I am interested. I found mine is leaking vacuum badly and not working. Let me know.

Most (all) ACTUATORS tend to leak vacuum. The vacuum (rod) side of the actuator does nothing and isn't needed (and the port was removed from later models) Just plug the vacuum port on the plenum. It's boost pressure they need to hold, which is what pushs the wastegate open.

Even with a blown actuator on the pressure side, it's pretty hard to overboost these motor if they are fairly stock. The air box and exhaust are restrictve enough to limit boost to about 9 psi.

thanks for the info. So do I plug the vacuum port closest to the actuator rod or further away or does it matter which one?

I believe the vacuum port is the one closet to the rod and it is connected to the plenum, just before the turbo. You really don't need to worry about the port on the actuator itself. The important port to plug is the one on the plenum.

The other port on the actuator is connected to the compressor foot. It goes under the turbo (bad design, IMO) and has a Tee going to the MAP sensor and boost switch. A leak in these lines will vent air/fuel under boost. A boost gauge is good for verifying the actuator is functioning properly.

Back