You can type here any text you want

Negative Battery Cable

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Is the negative battery cable bolted to the lower bolt used for the turbo bracket or is it a seperate bolt used on the passanger side cylinder head next to the bracket?

Mine where held in place using a seprate bolt but I read somewhere that it's supposed to use one of the 2 bolts holding the turbo bracket in place?

Can someone with a stock TTA have a look and see where it's sopposed to be bolted in place please.

The neg. cable is attached to the lower turbo mounting bracket bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 117
Somewhat old post but got my engine back in the engine bay with the negative battery cable attached to the lower turbo bracket bolt as advised and the cable seems long at the battery end. Previously the none battery end was bolted to the passenger side cylinder head closest to the intake (there's a unused threaded hole up there on the head) and as far as I remember (been 2+ years ago) the length of the cable stretched out much better ...

Could someone with a TTA trace the negative battery cable and confirm where it's actually bolted to the block/head please.

Mine's on the upper turbo bracket bolt. I just took it off a day ago when the engine came out.

31K mile car.

Back