You can type here any text you want

New belt won't fit!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8Killer

GM speed junkie
Ok maybe I'm missing something. I installed a a/c delete pulley (GM part# 10118713), which changed the length of the serp. belt. The stock belt is way too long, so I tried Dayco # 5060610 as per gn/t-type.org, and this belt is way too short. WTF! Then I tried a Dayco #5060620 (62" belt, stock is #5060640 64" belt), and it's still too short:mad: Using common sense I figured I needed a Dayco #5060630 (63"), but the part's-store says it's not available:confused: Does anyone have a belt # I can try?? PLEASE HELP, this is all I need to get my car driving:)

Hmmm...that's weird, I installed the delet pulley last year with the 5060620 belt, and it fits perfect, belt goes on easy.
I wonder why yours won't fit.........
How hard are you pushing on the tensioner?

I could get the 62" belt to squeek-on but the tensioner was totally maxed-out, and the belt was hitting the driver's I/C bracket. I double-checked the routing, and made sure the belt had not popped off any of the ribs.......all ok........:confused:
I'm pretty sure underdrive pulley's would make the belt too long.
Any suggestions?

I use a 625K6 (62.5") belt with mine. Make sure you put on the front support bracket for the A/C or you will start eating belts like I did and tear up you hood liner.

Back