You can type here any text you want

New best

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

11.7@116.45mph 1.635 60' I still feel like the car has so much more. My first two passes were good, and as soon as i started to turn it up a little I started having severe traction problems. If I launch with these Mickey Thompson's at anything more then 2lbs of boost they just spin like crazy.

And you want to sell this for a Cobra? Just kidding, great times.

Jason

No i would never sell it. I love it to much. Not sure what I was thinking. Definitely would like to have that Cobra though also.:D

Its all about track prep, burnout, boost control, timing, and suspension on the car.

Good job.. you keep getting faster :D

My next goal is to hit 120mph. I wish it wasn't the beginning of winter. Does the outside temp matter if all my numbers are good? Thanks

The colder it gets the more fuel it will need and traction problems will occur.

Jason

I understand that. I was just wondering if there was a certain temp where you wouldn't run your car anymore?

Let everything warm up. Remember, just because the coolant is warm, the tranny and rear diff. don't get warm idling. My guess is, if the track is open, it's not to cold. Make sure your numbers are good and let her rip.

Jason

Yea, there a certain temp when I want run my car. I think its when hell freezes over.:D

Where did U go?

11.7@116.45mph 1.635 60' I still feel like the car has so much more. My first two passes were good, and as soon as i started to turn it up a little I started having severe traction problems. If I launch with these Mickey Thompson's at anything more then 2lbs of boost they just spin like crazy.

I was at 41 on Sunday but I wished I was at the Grove. So where did U go? I would have loved to see a turbo car run instead of the LS1s and bigblock chevys.

My next goal is to hit 120mph. I wish it wasn't the beginning of winter. Does the outside temp matter if all my numbers are good? Thanks

My guess is you will need 28+ lbs to hit 120 on a stock motor. And that is in good air. What turbo is on your car?

I'm running a TA49. I got my mph at about 21-22psi. I was also running low timing. On the street I've run it at about 25psi, but didn't get a chance to turn it up at the track. I'm a little bit gun shy.

I would say it will be hard to hit 120 on a stock motor with a 49 in Midwest air. I know one guy that hit 122 in his GN. Just a bolt on car with a PT54, FM, and the rest of the usual bolt ons. He said his boost gauge was pegged at 30 first and 2nd gear then 28lbs in 3rd. He ran it at Union Grove on November air. Granted the TTA may get a little more MPH based on aerodynamics. But You are going to need 25+ at least.

Good times BTW Congrats your car is running good. :cool:

I would say it will be hard to hit 120 on a stock motor with a 49 in Midwest air. I know one guy that hit 122 in his GN. Just a bolt on car with a PT54, FM, and the rest of the usual bolt ons. He said his boost gauge was pegged at 30 first and 2nd gear then 28lbs in 3rd. He ran it at Union Grove on November air. Granted the TTA may get a little more MPH based on aerodynamics. But You are going to need 25+ at least.

Good times BTW Congrats your car is running good. :cool:

Thank you.

Back