You can type here any text you want

New FAST install, need help!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wahoo50

Just installed a 1999 version FAST, car is running, about 1/3rd throttle I hear a fluttering sound as though it's coming from the air filter. Also get lots of black smoke at the same time. Fuel pressure is 40lbs. at idle on 72lb. injectors. When this occurs, boost is approx. 5-7lbs. All turbo hoses are secure.

I have the Windows version FAST, just don't know how to set it up. Any comment, advise, help appreciated..

wahoo50 said:
Just installed a 1999 version FAST, car is running, about 1/3rd throttle I hear a fluttering sound as though it's coming from the air filter. Also get lots of black smoke at the same time. Fuel pressure is 40lbs. at idle on 72lb. injectors. When this occurs, boost is approx. 5-7lbs. All turbo hoses are secure.

I have the Windows version FAST, just don't know how to set it up. Any comment, advise, help appreciated..
get the windows version setup,and datalog this while it occurs.Id be glad to take a look at it for you.

Thanks for the offer to help. I have just determined the pressure gauge was reading incorrect. Pressure was set just above 50 lbs., so I have reset it to 40 with the vaccum hose off. Black smoke has disappeared.. Also noticed a bolt missing from the upper middle exhaust manifold bolt hole. These are ARP studs, this one has broken & has been in the head for 6 years. GN1 Aluminum heads. This will be fun to remove. Also have ARP head studs so if I can't it out the engine must be removed. Maybe this is creating the noise?

I do have Windows installed for the FAST. I just don't know how to make the adjustments. How do I get the info for you? Thanks again.

well if you want i can give you my number and you can call me,It may be easier to walk you thru that to try to explain here.
We could do it one night this week.let me know

Excellent. I will prepare as best I can for our conversation. I do travel a lot but if you tell me which night is best for you I will call then.

Still need help with tuning if you have some spare time. Never got your number or a good time to call.

Back