You can type here any text you want

New filters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

By-Tor

I want a better air filtering system for my 78.
What would be the best route to take?

If it was me I would ditch the stock housing and tube. Keep the bonnet (duh), and get a piece of flexible aluminum ducting and a 9 inch kn cone and route it behind the headlight. Don't forget to plug the vac hoses and secure a breather on the hose. Colder air helps with detonation:cool:

Don't they make kits for the older TR's.
Also what about the reuseable air filter brands, are they any good.

I ask because the round style of air filters are becoming harder to locate in town. Plus the performance and efficiency of these products provide.

I'll try to dig out a pic of my, but I think that it's a civic CAI. I also bought a $20 hose at pepboys(you have to look in the rice section, sorry) to put the filter at the front bumper.

ahhhh that's right. One of the civic intakes does work on these cars. Thanks for the reminder:cool: . Have to pass the info to my buddy. probably don't look too bad either;)

ahhhh that's right. One of the civic intakes does work on these cars. Thanks for the reminder:cool: . Have to pass the info to my buddy. probably don't look too bad either;)
Here it is, later I added a 3" RV sewer to move it out of the engine bay. Next I found a 3" hose in pepboys for the ricers that I used to replace the RV pipe.
coldair1.jpg

coldair.jpg

I see that everyone uses K&N filters, what about some of the other brands?
Like Green Filters, S&B, True Flow, AFE, so on and so forth.

Back