You can type here any text you want

new member #1243

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jicaju

Jicaju
Had my TTA about a month. Car has 18,000 miles showroom condition. Drove her when she arrive after unloading her of truck. Ran strong. Park her in garage and started looking at all the goodies available for these cars. So far fixed leaking rear main seal (by the way it was the rtv not the seal). Car already had 160 therostat and thrasher chip. Installed 8 inch K&N air filter after removing stock air box. Could not stand the looks of it (very tacky with stock mass air flow pipe). Then ordered stock K&N filter and disc to replace bottom half of stock air box. Filter is fully exposed on lower half but still looks stock. It looks much better but I don't know if it will flow sufficient air with the other mods I've made. The other things I have done is install walbro 340 feul pump and hotwire kit (removing feul tank was not near as bad as all the horror stories I've read about). Put on 100lbs vavle springs & new intake valve seals, adjustable feul pressure regulator. Also installed houston downpipe with dump (boy now thats a tight fit). Found small holes in pipe that runs between cat converter and muffler so I install hooker exhaust. Finally got to drive her today. She knocked some so I had to lower boost pressure. Took her for another spin did better at about 17-18 pounds boost. Just what to know if stock injector are sufficient with this combination or should they be up graded? and to what. Stock turbo. Thanks

Welcome :D

Sounds like your on the right track with the mods so far. Stock injectors should be fine for now IMO untill you upgrade the turbo. I went 11.99@113 with stock turbo and injectors at 22psi with a similarly set up car(on racegas of course, shoulda gone quicker if the converter wasnt toast).

Best advise I can give ya is watch the scantool for knock and listen to the guys around here, they wont steer ya wrong ;)

HTH,
Steve

What is the best scan tool? I've saw the scan master but I don't want to mount anything inside permanently. Car still had a little knock after lowering boost pressure (went much higher after installing HDP)is this due to the octane level of exxon 93 feul? And is my air filter set up sufficient? Hungry for info! Jicaju

Yes, welcome to the site :)

you can find a scantool comparison Here

Each scan tool has its advantages, and die hard advocates.

Good Luck :cool:

First mod is the scantool. The boost rod will give you unlimited power and unlimited carnage if your not careful. Bring the boost down.

I went 114 on the factory elbow. The airbox isnt the restriction, its the elbow that connects it to the MAF.

If you can hear knock..its severe.. Keep knocking.. you'll destroy the bottom end. It is..how it is.

So turn the boost down until you have a way of monitoring knock activity. Rule 1.

The stock downpipe has propelled many TTA's into the 11's. I could of saved you the greif.

HTH

A great way to get rid of knock

is an alky kit, or at least thats what they tell me:) .

Dont know where he could buy one do you Julio?:D

Ty

Re: A great way to get rid of knock

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
is an alky kit, or at least thats what they tell me:) .

Dont know where he could buy one do you Julio?:D

Ty

Cant ever tell where you get those thing.

I hear the kits now come standard with passenger diapers :D

Julio

I am going to buy one before spring hits here in Kansas. Is there a conreoller that comes with the kit or is it all done automatically. If there is a controller I dont want any screw holes in my dash,,,where to mount it???

Ty

Back