You can type here any text you want

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Joe Rodriguez

Hello to my new Turbo Buick Family! My name is Joe Rodriguez I am glad to be a part of the team! I own a 1985 Buick T Type I am the second owner I managed to save it the car had not been run since 1995 it needs lots of work! I rebuilt the heads, new battery, radiator flush, complete tune up, new brakes all around, rebuilt the power master etc. I can not get the brakes to work properly they are stiff as a rock! I took it to a brake shop and they told me to replace the accumulator? pressure switch? 30A fuse? any advice will be greatly appreciated! You guys have a good day!

welcome to the darkside

yes change the accumulater. that shoould help you to stop

Is the PM motor running excessively? If the accumulator is bleeding off pressure, the motor will run a lot trying to keep it charged up. If the PM motor isn't running at all, make sure the 30a fuse isn't blown. If the fuse keeps blowing, you might have a bad PM motor that is wet with brake fluid causing it to short out and blow the fuse. You say rebuilt PM, but give some specifics on what was actually done to rebuild your PM system. Do you still have the black pressure switch or is it the replacement gray one?

The PM does not run at all? and yes the switch is the greay one and not the black. I appreciate all of the advice!

Well, if the motor doesn't run at all, check the 30amp fuse first. If it is blown, replace it and hope it doesn't blow again due to a short in the motor. If the fuse is OK, disconnect the pressure switch. With an ohmmeter, test that all terminals have continuity with each other. If they do, the switch is probably ok.

If the switch seems ok, you are going to have to test the harness and motor, which is a bit more complicated. Check the fuse and switch and let us know.

The fuse wasn't blown but I replaced it anyway. I tried it but it didn't work. Still no power I will try your suggestion next and I will let you know ASAP thanks.

Ditch the PM and go with a vacuum set-up....I think I just saw one for sale here not too long ago for like $80......A lot of people ditch the PM due it it failing out of no where, and then crashing their car :eek:. BTW welcome, and where you located?

Im located in Hawthorne CA, its right next to LAX! yeah man I love my car and I am trying my best to keep it all original but If I can get the brakes to function properly I might have to go with a vaccum set up! Thanks!

Back