You can type here any text you want

new poly mounts to noisy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

paccio

just installed the new poly mounts and the vibration is LOUD. It gave me a headache. Now my downpipe is hitting the header.

I thought i was fixing one problem with the old mounts, now i made two more.

Anyone have same vibration with the poly mounts?

I had the same problem. I even checked torqued the fasteners per the directions but the engine vibrations never went away. I was able to get the thdp to clear with a bit of effort. I ended up going back to the stock mounts.

can you even get stock mounts anymore?

I thought the polys were my only option.

Hey Phil,

I have heard the same complaints from everyone that uses poly mounts on their TTA. I beleieve stock mounts are still available.

BTW I looked all over for you a couple weeks ago in CL - but it was a zoo!

C'mon over sometime.

hey tracy what's goin on?

When i was driving the other day the guy behind me pulled up on my side. He was the previous owner of TTA 109. He was asking me alot of questions. I told him i think i know who has your car.

Just thought i would share.

This car of mine is a never ending saga

All i want is to have the car running with no issues. Does that seem like much to ask??

see you soon

Phil

You can get the stock mounts from NAPA for our TTA's. Passanger side is the only one listed but they are the same for the driver side so get 2 of them. Apparently only differense on the driver side mount is that a tab on the metal part of the mount is cut down slightly for clearence. There is another post about this with all the details and what to do, just do a search and you should be able to find it.

Originally posted by paccio
hey tracy what's goin on?

When i was driving the other day the guy behind me pulled up on my side. He was the previous owner of TTA 109. He was asking me alot of questions. I told him i think i know who has your car.

Just thought i would share.

This car of mine is a never ending saga

All i want is to have the car running with no issues. Does that seem like much to ask??

see you soon

Phil

He didn't own it long, I kmow that from the Carfax. He traded it and some cash for a 69 Camaro and then I traded my 340 Duster for the TTA. Good luck on the mounts - I thought I saw your car at it's second home the other day. Don't worry - easy mistake to make on the polys - I used poly suspension bushings on my Chevelle and they were terrible. Trial and error - what can you do.

Give me a buzz and come over - cold beer in the garage should help you feel better. Plus it's on the way to NAPA :D

Back