You can type here any text you want

Newbie question, but somewhat good

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

milehighGN

Just purchased my first GN. My biggest question about these cars is user tuneability. I know that the chips alter timing, fuel, injector size, etc. Is there anything in the means of "on the fly" tuning, something similar to the UTEC available for WRXs and EVOs? If not, what exactly can you do with the TurboLink and Directscan software besides monitor values. Which is honestly better? I appreciate all feedback:)

Do a search on Bob Bailey's Translator + and Extender chip, and Steve Yaklin's Max Effort setup. Tons of tune-ability.

Turbolink, DirectScan, Scanmaster, are exactly what you stated... tools used for monitoring and recording info. They are all good, it just depends on how much info you want. It is up to you, to interpret and apply that info, using the tuning devices available. The level of tuning that you want to do, will dictate what you will need to get. (9 sec full time race car, street/strip car, daily driver?)
This will give you some comparison info
http://www.turbo-link.com/tlink/scanchart.html

Paul

Much appreciated......thought I'd ask some guru's to totally nail it down. Basically I'm just looking to tune as a daily driver/import destroyer;) ......and to hopefully run in the 11's up here at Bandimere (6000ft). Thought i had a major problem with a valve dropping into the cylinder:mad: , turns out a rocker arm got loose because of the nylon "retainer" breaking. Soo, hopefully I might slap on a nice set of roller rockers. What are you guys using that is more reliable than the stock setup at least?

Welcome!

If you want to see what is available for tuning, just drop down to COS and I'll show you. We can hook up a scan tool and see how your car is tuned.

Stock rockers on a stock engine are not bad. A search (button at the top right of your screen) will show you recent threads on this subject where boardmembers are working on these issues and have some products available. :)

Send a private message when you want to come down to Colorado Springs. :)

Back