News Flash, new 9 sec TSM car

Fuelie600 said:
Thanks Phil. I'm presently having a motor built by Bob ( RPE Machine ) with Jacks help and parts. I went the Eagle, Oliver, Diamond, BHJ, JW route also. What got my attention is your turbo, as it is the same one I run. Could you tell me what boost level was needed to achieve your 9 sec pass. GN1's have been on my car for a few years, so it will be interesting to see how everything pans out for me this time around with the new build. Later, Brian

Both 9 sec passes were at 26 - 27 psi. On my last pass against Dave England I turned it up to 30 it spun then blew the head gasket.

John Wilde said:
Otto,

Good question and Jack has anyone really pushed that turbo yet???

Well John,

I am sure it has been pushed, just not so sure it has been pushed with a combination or motor such as someone like Dave Bamford, that would most likely get some more out of it. It's ironic that whatever Dave has run for a turbo, he always goes faster than anyone else using the same turbo.... When the GTQ70 turbo was the rage after Dave ran some big numbers, lots of guys went out and bought that turbo..... what happened...... didn't see the same results, then there was the GTQ71........ same deal, now we have the Innovative 71X trim......... To sum it up, I don't believe the T-netics 70Q will run as fast top end, but I do believe the spool-up characteristics, getting into the power faster and guys like Phil M. and Steve Sullivan working a pretty low budget car, comparatively speaking, have done quite well when you consider the top competitors in TSM have some pretty serious cars. Phil is still working out his car this year, I think the addition of a new IC, may have given him a little more HP this weekend, I also believe a better set of heads down the road will add even more. Both Phil and Steve are running iron heads and stock stroke motors.......... not bad when you consider that.

Jack,

Thanks for the serious answer I really appreciate it
You are defiantly on of the good guys.

Great job phil you worked hard for that 9 sec pass, now I just need ya to give me a head start next race. :biggrin: well we fig out the problem with my car big stuff 3 box took a crap.

Good Job Phil!!

Thats quite an acomplishment! I Never figured you guys would be back together and running 9's so soon after the last motor gave up. Congrats to you, Jack and all your crew. Keep up the good work.

Neal