You can type here any text you want

nitrous

• Thread starter Thread starter gp406Z
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

gp406Z

I have my nitrous kit wired thru FAST but it doesn`t work. I have also read that if the ECU has control of fans and IAC ,as mine does,you will not have nitrous control. Could this be why it`s not working?

Is there a way to test for solenoid operation? I`ve set TPS to 20% and min. RPM activation is 0 to see if it works with the engine off and no go.When I activate the system thru the toggle switch the N20 enable goes from 0 to 1 but the retard and # of stages stay at 0,as viewed on the main dashboard. At least I know the ECU is getting 12V thru the pink wire.

Thanks,
Glen

Unfortunately yes.....the nitrous wont work

What you will have to do is bypass the HEI and run a distributor setup for IPU and have the ignition system changed accordingly and you'll be able to have the IAC, fans, N2O

OR

You could lose the fan option and use the n20 option. There are a lot ways you can get your fans to operate without having the computer doing it...hell they even sell kits at pep boys for like $25

Depending on the part number of the ECU, you may have nitrous control. What is the part number?

Back