You can type here any text you want

nitto drag radials??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sand1

has anyone used nitto drag radials before any feedback would help thx

Nittos

Used Them On 2 Cars, They Are Ok. Better Than The Bf Good, But Not As Good As The Mickey Thompson's. They Spin Alot If They Are Not Hot!

lets put it this was stock tires would spin off the line (no brake boost) till the car toped out 2nd gear. I mean till the car itself caught up to 2nd gear WOT. With the 55s doing the same thing just some chirping and a little spin. IMO def worth it.

My brother's 2001 Supercharge GTP FWD shreds Nittos, he is running 12psi though. I tried them and they seemed a little better than regular radials. They have the best longevity of all of the DRs I've read about. Go Mickey T., much better hook IMO. Goodyear make a DR, but it's not "DOT street legal" if that has anything to do with it. They look like MT DR only the center section is even wider. They barely have any tread. Very aggressive. I heard they are stopping production though. Here's a pic of the Goodyear DR:

44785d1205888621-goodyear-eagle-ss-drag-radials-p3180002.jpg

Nittos are good when the weather is warm but lousy around 60 degrees or cooler, great on the street and light rain. Best 60' was 1.47 on foot brake i just wished they have more sizes available like 275-50-15s

Nice tires, but like the others said, you have to get them good and hot to make them stick.

I haven't found a better DR for a daily driver. 555s are as good in wet as a regular rain tire & last longer than any of the others I've tried.

555s don't do as well at the track as many others, I run slicks.

I loved my 275 50-15 Nitto's. There are better track tires but Nitto's can tame ALOT more power than any regular radial. Like night and day. They are a high quality tire, they had about the least amount of runout of any tire I have ever seen spinning on the balancer and they took very little weight to balance. We are fortunate we have so many choices for our cars.

Guys that are spinning the Nitto's, what tire size were you running, the 275/50 or 275/60??

I am going with 325/50 this year and am just curious if guys are spinning those momma's. :eek:

I'm running the 275/60's. I haven't had them at the track much yet, but my few experiences are that they require a lot of heat to hook.

I have 275-50's now and need a new set of street tires - I wish Nitto made a 255-60 as I think Nitto is a great street tire for our cars. The best 60' I ever got was 1.74 but usually got 1.90. On slicks I usually cut a 1.6x with a best of 1.56.

Back