You can type here any text you want

no spark... please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stan409

Hi there, i have an 86 Gn. I bought the car over the winter and have been driving it all spring with no problems. I went to a cruise in on friday night, car was running great all day. I go to start it up to leave, and it bearly starts and it was running very rough like it was only running on 4 cylinders, spitting and sputtering, and then stalls out. I started it again, same thing, then stalls. I try to restart again and it just spinns over:mad: . Towed it home, and checked it out, it is getting no spark, but it is getting fuel. I bought a new coil still no spark. What should i do next?????????????:confused: This is my first Gn, soo im not too familiar with them. so any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU.

won't start

I had a similar problem with my t-type. How old is your car battery? My car did the same thing yours is doing now, once i changed the battery the problem was solved. Also check your alternator, it may not be putting out enough amps. Do you have a scanning tool? Check battery and alternator first i believe this is your problem. let me know how you make out.

Check the ign. moduel its under the coil mine also had no spark when i got it.Charge the battery too low voltage does weird thingd to electrical systems

I would check the crank sensor and ignition module, as was said above. All the ground wires are tight aren't they.

Also what chip is in it had an antitheft chip when i got my car that would cause it to have no spark due to low voltage

i was double checking to make sure the injectors were working and they were. so i checked all the conectors for the cam, crank sensor and ignition module. then i tryed to start it and it started right up?????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: so i took it out for a drive and it seems to run fine but some times under a lot of boost it starts spitting and sputtering????? i dont know too much of what has been done to the car, i bought it just the way it sits. but i do know it has a T60 turbo, 3" down pipe, headers, green top injectors, a chip, but dont know what kind?? it does make 22 pounds of boost. any one have a clue of what my problem is ?? i dont want to be left stranded again if i can help it

You don't want to be doing 22 lbs. of boost without alky or some race gas, thts way too much for pump gas if thats what your running. Have you done the spring cleaning(tune up) to the car, if not start there. Sputtering or missing under boost could be a coilpack going south.

i am running pump gas. the guy who had it before me used to race it. is there any way to turn down the boost? i just put a new coil pack on it but i will try the tune up tomorrow

If he used to race the car it must have an adjustable wastegate, take the wastegate rod off and lengthen so you have to pull it about 1/8" to get it on the wastegate lever. That should put you in the ball park for pump gas boost.

Back