You can type here any text you want

No vacuum at idle - Is this a problem for fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigpsi94

I just purchased a mustang which has an Ford EPEC ECU installed. Im in the process of installing the FAST on it. At idle its doesnt have any vacuum due to the cam specs. Will this be a problem for the fast? Will it be able to idle properly? Will normal driving be a problem? If so what can be done?

Ok, first off, FAST won't have a problem with it. Motor might. No vacuum, no run. So lets start with low vacuum, say under 10". The FAST unit can be be set so that closed loop doesn't start still a set RPM point. It can also shut off the closed loop at a set RPM point. At idle it can made to run in open (fixed) loop till instructed to go closed.

So, say you idle @1000 RPM, set it to go into closed loop at say 1200RPM, then open @ 1200 RPM.

Or just use the alpha N feature. Thats about as simple as I can 'splain it. You can go to FAST's website and download their manual. It perhaps can steer you in the right direction better. But it can be done.

As for 'normal' driving, what do you call 'normal'? IMO, I feel that anything under 10" vacuum @ an idle in gear and the drivability starts to go away.

Back