You can type here any text you want

Non-Buick tech Q...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

I snagged a set of Titanium LS7 rods & pistons off E-Bay, delivered today. I cannot figure how to get the circlips out w/o trashing the pistons. These are almost new (I'm hoping to flip them, don't want to ruin them) and they have no obvious way to get a tool under them. I've Googled all afternoon and only found one You-tube vid and the guy ruined the pistons by milling a relief hole in order to snag the clip. The clips are this style:

1281.jpg

Hoping someone can help!

Try a dental pick with a 45 degree angle and get under the ring and pry it enough to get a tiny screwdriver behind it or grab it with needle nose pliers. You will no doubt ruin the snap ring and you may have to clean up the pin bore. There is no easy way. Use double spirolocks if the will fit the groove when you reassemble. They are also a pain to install and remove.

I hate Spirolocks, but at least they can be removed. The builders on LS1Tech are telling me it's SOP to mill an access hole. I've looked at other late-GM full-float pistons and they all have access holes for ring removal. Guess GM didn't want anyone tampering with their beloved LS7...

Back