You can type here any text you want

Notching the rear????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedBug

Contents Under Pressure
I am wanting to go ahead and notch the rear but have a few questions. I know most run a 15X10 with 5" backspace and I have seen pictures of JBannings car. But I do not want to alter my outer wheel well lip and want to run the factory moldings.

JBanning is running 325's and they look huge and it just about what I want but I am wondering if there is anyone running a 315 that sits under that lip?

I also noticed most are using a 50 series tire and was wondering if the 60 series was just to tall?

I love the look of a car that sits down over the tire some, if the stock wheel well is just to shallow then I gusee it needs to mini tubbed but I hope I don't have to go that far...

What do yall think?

Well you have to pick your battles, you can't ask for huge tires AND have them fit under the car AND not have to modify the wheel well. Gotta give in somewhere. Either smaller tires, or let them stick out from the wheel well, or modify the body to make it look better.

I run big tires without modifying my car because I installed air bags and just keep them inflated to make sure the tires never rub on the wheel well lip, but again that won't work for you because you want to retain the look of having the tires tucked in.

I don't think you'll see much difference between 325s and 315s, if you really want them to fit under the car you might want to think smaller.

Here is a pic of Quint's Car. I now own the rear wheels and tires. They are 15x10 with 5 in. BS. Tires are 325x50 and yes the lip will have to be rolled. Sorry but it is either fat tires and moddifications or wimpy tires and no mods.
Quint20Rear-1.jpg

Well shoot.. Does the 325's sit under the body? I cannot really tell from that view but man doe sthat car look great... I jst need to buy wheels here before long and only want to dp this once.

If I have to go to the 315's I will as long as they sit under the car...

325's fit perfect with a 5.5 backspace and a notched frame.

So a 5 1/2 backspace and a notched frame huh... This is what I was looking for as i don't want to buy the wrong wheel.

I have the airbags already and just did not want to butcher up the wheel well lip if I did not have to. Does it still need tweaking? If it does i guess I can pull all four off before the car gets a new aint job and just let the painter paint a simulated wheel well trim back on there..

White cars just look good this way to me...

You can run the wheel lip moulding with the 325 on a 5 1/2 backspace wheel with the proper frame notch.

Back