You can type here any text you want

octane

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazyx4

how much hp can the gn's make on vp c-14 racing gas. do i need vp c-16 with the things i have listed.

It depends on how much boost and timing you want to run. You should be able to get 25lbs and 22deg timing assuming 8 to 8.5:1 compression. You have the same set up as me if you have a Weber/ Red Armstrong 224 billet roller.

i haven't checked the comp. but it may be around 9.5 or 10:1. 25lbs of boost should get me into the 9's.

Agreed.

C16 is cheap insurance on all that money tied up in the motor.

If you have a 70GTQ, 25 psi will be well into the 9's with that compression. I am running 9.6:1 with a 76hpq at 25 psi, it made enough power to run low 9's/ maybe high 8's. My old 245" engine at 8.5:1 on 23psi with a 224 roller, self ported GN1's and the same 76hpq went 9.8's running rich 10.8, 18deg timing, with valve float, and hitting the rev limiter into 3rd:oops:.
If you have that compression, run c16, or less boost and timing.

i have just been putting some mile on the new engine. it has about 500 miles on it. p-trim turbo. going to get it tuned in around 20psi for the first few passes.

Back