You can type here any text you want

Odd shuddering in driveline???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Ok, without confusing you all too much, I'll try and expalin this best I can. If I manually lock the TCC on a WOT pass, when the tranny shifts into 3rd, a violent shuddering takes place in the driveline??? You can feel it comming from under the car, so that's why I believe it's in the driveline. Now, if you make a WOT pass without locking the TCC, this problem doesn't exist??? Could it be possible that the converter clutch is slipping? I'm out of ideas at this point. Any opinions will be appreciated.

Sounds like a converter clutch to me! does it ONLY do it going into third gear ?

You can lock the converter in second with a manual switch..See if it does it in second..

Sounds like clutch inside converter too...

It will shudder either way...locking it off the line, or locking it from a roll in 3rd. Today I went out and played some more trying to nail down this problem. If I lock it from a WOT roll in 3rd, the shuddering is less pronounced than when I do it from a stand still WOT pass. What else is odd, is that the boost flutters really bad only when the TCC is locked...leave it unlocked and the boost is damn near rock solid where it was set at??? First off, I think I need to add an additional spring to the "HD" WG actuator and see if the boost stays more solid. Seems to only get fluttery when it's at 23+ psi, which, consequently, is what it goes to when the TCC locks. Set it for 22 psi unlocked, it hits 23-24 locked....then whamo...shuddering and fluttering!

Back