Off in the paint booth.

P

pat83t

Well the 83 T-Type is off to the paint booth. I will be updating the webpage soon with pics of in process. I already have some but just need to get them off the digital.:D

I can't get your webpage to load. :(

Are you painting it the same color? What color is it now?

I have consider painting mine another color, but I don't really want to to clash with (or change) the interior color or the vinyl roof (both of which are chocolate brown).

color

I am repainting it the stock color. The paint code is 78 Dark Autumn Maple. (burgundy) I thought about painting it with the same paint scheme as the 82 GN but instead of black, burgundy, but decided against it because of cost issues. Oh well maybe next time.

The silver on the '82 GN was added well after the charcoal factory paint, so you could add later when you have "extra" money. ;) I think that would look pretty cool. I never understood why GM limited the paint color selection on it's "special cars".

I have thought of doing a black on top w/ charcoal on bottom. I have the half vinyl roof, white on white so it wouldn't be that hard to change to black and the inside is blue. But I have a list of things to fix first, just found that the passenger side header is cracked almost all the way around one of the cyc.
The car still looks good at 50mph :D

pat83T Please keep us updated on the process
How's the filtered sunshine ;)
Jim

83 GN?

Yeah my car is a t-top car so it looks like the famed 82 GN pic only in burgundy so that is what made me think of that paint scheme. We are shaving the door bumper molding down the sides and filling that in. The entire front of the car is down to bare metal and will be going into primer tomorrow. We are taking the entire car down to bare metal to get a better finish outta the paint. This thing is going to look better than new. My only problem is the lack of having my baby to drive. I am borrowing an El camino in the mean time. The filtered sunshine is a little less filtered lately. It has been actually pretty clear. I am heading to the Portland Rod & Custom show tomorrow and then stop back in town long enough to get the pics developed then go check on the progress of the buick. I am hoping to get the new t-top seals installed tomorrow, the front in primer and start on the doors.:D

update

Well the entire front end is in primer and stripped down the rear to bare metal. Apparently it has had body work before because we found bondo on the rear driver quarter but fortunatly it is real thin. I will have it back in about 3-4 weeks. I can't wait. We are "euro"ing the grille alittle. All the small teeth the chrome is peeling on the middle 3rd so we are sanding them down and painting them to match the rest of the car. All the big teeth are staying chrome. Also my low beams are being turned into h-4 Diamond cut headlights and the high beams are going to be regular h-4's with built in turn signal so when I turn on my turn signals the high beam housing will flash orange. Just something to set it apart from others.

for those of you that can't get my site to load.

here is a pic taken on 02/22/02.:D

Attachments

• buicklf22202.jpg
    buicklf22202.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 109
side.

passenger side down to bare metal/bondo.

Attachments

• buickrs22202.jpg
    buickrs22202.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 99
progress

Well the whole car is now in primer. I will be going up to the paint booth for more pics tomorrow after I get back from the portland roadster show. should have the webpage updated mon-tue.

here is a full primer car.

Attachments

• buickrear30202.jpg
    buickrear30202.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 79
COLOR

This week it is in living color! Just a few more weeks to go with all the clear coating, cutting and buffing, and reassembly of bumpers and lights and such.

Highly reflective

Check it out!

Attachments

• buickhood3172002.jpg
    buickhood3172002.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 76
Here is that grill

A little different. Not a very good pic.

Attachments

• buickgrill31702.jpg
    buickgrill31702.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 72
Well it is coming home this week i think. good that paint looks awesome when it is fresh and new.