You can type here any text you want

OH MY GOD, MY OLD GNX #375 JUST SOLD FOR $51,875.00 on EBAY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I know I paid too much, but it will be a heck of a daily driver. :eek:

Yea right! :D

I wish I had that kind of $$ to blow on a car!

Looks sweet though!!

:) :) :) :)

Joel

Just because it shows to be sold on Ebay, means nothing. Seller may have wanted more and had a friend bid up to just under the amount he wanted to get. When the auction shows "reserve met", it often stirs up the bidding as opposed to a reserve auction. Then, again, it could have sold for that much. ;)

Originally posted by RossGN
Just because it shows to be sold on Ebay, means nothing. Seller may have wanted more and had a friend bid up to just under the amount he wanted to get. When the auction shows "reserve met", it often stirs up the bidding as opposed to a reserve auction. Then, again, it could have sold for that much. ;)

I agree. I'm not totally convinced the sale is real.

I think it was the CarCoon that made it so appealing! I want one of those! :D

Mike [:-)

wellllll the guy that sold it is into "high" rent Shelby market. I was really surprised when he got it.. Not his kinda car I guess ;)

The guy up by me that owns #538 paid close to that amount for a 6000 mile example up here last Spring. He won't tell me what he paid for it now out of embarrassment, but has offered to sell it to me a couple of times at a loss for $45,000 USD. Its sad when you have no clue what you are buying. He talks to guys in the States who tell him its worth 50-55K and he laps it all up. :(

And to think that my insurance agent (and friend) bought his 7500 mile GNX for only 22K a couple of years ago!

$51875.00!!!!!
Jeez......maybe I should never say "never say never" Or whatever! You could buy a Freekin airline for that kind of money! Oops...bad idea.

GNX

Mark
Why would your friend ever pay 22k :confused:
Dame, he could have got a 87 g.n.with 225,000miles and a ta-49 for 3k,what was he thinking.;)

Originally posted by RossGN
Just because it shows to be sold on Ebay, means nothing. Seller may have wanted more and had a friend bid up...
Well, if they DID, someone's gonna have a lot of crap to clean outta their shorts when they get E-bay's bill for the commission on on a $52,000 sale that didn't happen!!

eBay BS

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
Well, if they DID, someone's gonna have a lot of crap to clean outta their shorts when they get E-bay's bill for the commission on on a $52,000 sale that didn't happen!!

The seller avoids this by filing a non-paying bidder report.

Lots of loopholes and very VERY little meaningful recourse when things go wrong on eBay.

And...sleazioids KNOW how to use them ALL for their benefit, and protection.

Sometimes the ebay deals fall through.

If the transaction does complete it will go from 1 garage to another.

Final value fee for a car on Ebay is only $40, not a percentage of the sale as it ought to be.

Vehicles & Real Estate

* The following fees apply only when there is a successful high bid on the item:

Item Category Final Value Fee
Passenger Vehicles or Other Vehicles $40.00
Motorcycles $25.00
Real Estate (only if auction is binding) $3.00

You can sell the Empire State building and only pay a commision of $3.00:rolleyes:

That's why there are tons of car dealer ads on Ebay now....basically just another form of advertising.

I would think the CarCoon would trap moisture.

Your car was in GA, wonder where its heading too now.

If I had one I would sell it tomorrow for 52k, buy a low mile GN and pocket 30k:eek:

Back