You can type here any text you want

Oil and Gunk in Throttle Body?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaveyX87

I recently removed the pipe going from the intercooler to the throttle body and noticed oil and gunk around the mouth of the throttle body. I plan to flush out the intercooler ASAP as well as remove the breather that goes into the turbo and cap it off. For the longest I have been wondering why it runs a little rough. The new chip helped the idle a bit but I think I just need to go through everything. Should I replace the idle control valve or anything else while I'm at it?

Kirbans Performance sells a nifty little breather that fits that hole in the valve cover!! Item #1580 By pass breather kit!! Pretty new to the site but might wanna dig a little deeper see if you got a turbo seal issue etc etc

Yeah, I was going to do something similar to the Kirban's kit. I am definitely gonna look deeper into it. There is a little drip of oil coming from the turbo side, front of the motor area. It's not coming from the oil filter area. It may just be the valve cover gasket. I'm replacing it now. I will inspect the turbo as well. Also, I am thinking of replacing o2 sensors and anything else that might be a problem due to age.

Back