You can type here any text you want

Oil filter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA 1077

Anyone on this site using the mobil 1 oil filters? how are they? I have a reply fom one GN owner that likes it, anyone else?

They are better then decent. Every bit as good and prolly better then NAPA gold filters.. :cool: .

FlyinGN said:
They are better then decent. Every bit as good and prolly better then NAPA gold filters.. :cool: .

Yep, agreed thats all I use...Thank again to Jimmy C....

Quiky One said:
I use Wix and never have had a problem.

Jason[/QUOTE
Good filter [mobil1]
I prefer original AC Delco..
You can also use the AC Delco longer filter for more capacity.
Oil of choice[ROYAL PURPLE]-Sticks to internal parts after shut-down.

I read an article and many will agree with me that the AC delco oil filters have gone wayyy down in quality. They only have one paper filter in there now. :eek:

Jason

TTA 1077 said:
Anyone on this site using the mobil 1 oil filters? how are they? I have a reply fom one GN owner that likes it, anyone else?

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html
OIL FILTER STUDY; Mobil 1
M1-301

Like the Champ filter, this filter is made by Champion Labs. However, it uses a unique end plate and a thicker can that make it the strongest filter available for wide distribution retail sale. It also uses a synthetic media, which inproves filtration and flow. I'm happy to say that this filter is not a fake. It is definitely a unique design.

It uses a synthetic fiber element that can filter out very small particles and is very strong. It is rated just under the Purolator Pure One as far as filtering capability, but is still very much above conventional paper filters. It also has a very strong construction to withstand high pressure spikes during start-up. However, as with all Mobil 1 products, expect to pay 2 - 3 times as much for this filter.

I have received many reports of these filters failing at high pressures. It seems that the seam where the backplate crimps to the case can splithttp://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html

Quiky One said:
I read an article and many will agree with me that the AC delco oil filters have gone wayyy down in quality. They only have one paper filter in there now. :eek:

Jason

yes - i used to use the ac delco ______ (i forget what they were called now). anyway they changed the design... that's when i switched to the napa gold filters. (i can buy them right down the street unlike the mobile 1 filters... yes the mobile 1 filters are good).

if you want to read about oil / filters.... bobistheoilguy.com

oil filters

thanks for the input, I'll try one of the Mobil 1 filters out. It's to bad that Ac went down hill.

Back