You can type here any text you want

Oil Filter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'82turboGN

Hey guys i have an oil filter relocation on my car up underneath the front bumper. It was on there when i bought the car. It had a pf1218 oil filter on originally. With all the talk about how crappy the 1218 is, I decided to go find a better filter. Ive always loved Baldwin filters so when i went to get one the guy at the autoparts store also had a buick with a relocate and he runs a ford type filter. He gave me a baldwin b7 and said it was the only one that would replace the 1218 but it doesnt have an anti flow back valve. Being that the filter hangs straight down...does it need one? Would the oil siphon back to the pan? BTW...This b7 is like 10 inches long. Holds about a quart and a half to two quarts.

Also, why does mine run a GM filter and his runs a Ford filter?

as long as the oil filter is straight up and down, then it won't need a drainback valve.
the Wix crossover for that Baldwin filter you got is 51794.

original remote filter sold by precision turbo usually mounted under bumper is a B279 i think.

I run a Napa Gold 1060 on mine which is a Chevy V8 filter. It has the drain-back valve and 13/16" threads.

The universal adapters come with different size thread "rings" you can install to use different filters.

I have a remote filter setup
Main reason I installed it was to supply clean oil directly to the turbo

Umm... Sowewhat

So is this upgrade more like for "peace of mind".

I fabbed a remote filter so I have a larger oil volume in the engine, a larger filtering area than the stock filter, and another place to help cool the oil. :wink:

Getting only filtered oil directly to the turbo was important to me also.

Back