You can type here any text you want

Oil Pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wicked WE4

What is normal pressure for these engines? I am installing a mechanical gauge and was wondering what pressures I should be seeing.

If it's an untouched engine the idle psi will scare you mine is like 12-15 psi at idle hot and that's with a new front cover and pump

Rule of thumb is 10+ psi at hot idle and rising 10 psi per 1000 rpm... and yeah, many don't have the most confidence inspiring numbers...:wink:

Got gauge hooked up. 20 psi at idle in neutral, 18 psi at idle in gear and increases 10 psi per 1000 rpm. So guess it is normal. Thanks guys.

If you do a 1/4 mile pass & its still the same or close to 15 then its good. Cold oil-hot oil etc can change a lot of the pressures you will see. Oil weight also makes a difference. Many use 10-40 or 20-50 to bring it up some.

good info.....i ordered an electric oil pressure gauge (didn't want oil inside a 15k mile interior) ....will it measure OK or did i screw up?

good info.....i ordered an electric oil pressure gauge (didn't want oil inside a 15k mile interior) ....will it measure OK or did i screw up?

I prefer mechanical but many use electric. I also dont use that tiny nylon hose but a steel braided peice that will never leak on me.

Back