You can type here any text you want

Oil PSI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
Hey guys the car was in an accident and the motor sat awhile. With the oil pressure switch removed, am I supposed to be getting oil from the switch port while spining the motor with the ecm wire removed. Reason I ask, nothing is coming out while spining the motor. If oil is supposed to be coming out could the pick up be out. Or is the oil pickup bolted in?

If you pull the 3 prong switch out of the brass block oil should be spraying out.

Thanks for the response Earl. Could it be that it sat and lost prime? Shouldn't spinning it bring oil psi up. I've spun it for a total of 2 minutes and nothing. Or i should remove cam sensor and prime it again.

THANKS!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I guess since it was not seeing oil pressure that's why it would not complete the circuit for the fuel pump to turn on....:confused:

I guess since it was not seeing oil pressure that's why it would not complete the circuit for the fuel pump to turn on....:confused:

If that's the case, you have two problems. The ECM should have fired the fuel pump for two seconds when you first turned the key on. The oil switch is a redundant backup. The pickup bolts in place with two bolts. I doubt it got knocked loose unless it was one HELL of an accident!!!

I'd put the switch back in and take out the cam sensor and see if you can get it to build pressure.

is 15 lb of oil presure when warm bad?

15 PSI hot is more than enough.

Ill be pulling the cam sensor in the morning and priming it again. Now i have to go find that thread on how to re-adjust the cam sensor after pulling. Thanks again Earl!!

Just cranking the engine while no oil pressure exists WILL NOT ruin the bearings. As long as there is the presence of oil on the bearings, that is enough as long as the engine is not running.

Found out the issue with the fuel pump and now Im very happy that the car actually didn't start.. Ill be priming it right after church...with a working fuel system.!!:)

Just cranking the engine while no oil pressure exists WILL NOT ruin the bearings. As long as there is the presence of oil on the bearings, that is enough as long as the engine is not running.

Maybe a little cushion there but it's not going to last forever. Keep dry cranking and I garantee there will be metal parts making contact.

Back