You can type here any text you want

Oiling System S2 Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NJTurbo

Simply The Best
I hear there is a new oiling system:confused: :confused:

High Volume front cover and the dutwiller pump with modified gears from a big block Buick. Can anyone explain this.

Well, I'm guessing that, since the Duttweiler pump comes with "long" gears for use with a regular front cover, this would involve using both a high-volume front cover with the Duttweiler pump housing and a set of very long gears.

Sounds like it's guaranteed to shear off cam sensor drive pins and turn cam gear teeth into rotating ginsu knives. :D

I have all wet sump blocks and will be using the internal pickup with a high volume pump kit in a stock cover. I do have a Duttweiler pump setup in case I ever find a cross-bolt block for a good deal.

Maybe Kendall can chime in. I heard this do not know how this set-up would work.

No clue, sorry...I like my gerotor idea the best for internal pumps so far. :)

Saw some nice Danny Bee belt drives on two motors at Duttweiler's last week. It's a very nice setup with two drawbacks: you have to run an external oil pump and there's no provision for a cam sensor. One of the two was fully together and had a distributor running on the front of the cam but Ken said it was a pain...

Originally posted by KendallF
No clue, sorry...I like my gerotor idea the best for internal pumps so far. :)

Saw some nice Danny Bee belt drives on two motors at Duttweiler's last week. It's a very nice setup with two drawbacks: you have to run an external oil pump and there's no provision for a cam sensor. One of the two was fully together and had a distributor running on the front of the cam but Ken said it was a pain...
Mine runs an external oil pump. The cam sensor is run off the external cam belt drive. Duttweiler modified the electronic CSI water pump to mount the cam sensor to the pump. No draw back except lots of braided lines routing all over the place.

Dutt pump/stock cover

The Dutt pump I am using mounts to a stock cover. The added gear length is taken up in the Dutt cover, not in ft cover. It is driven the same way as the stock pump.
It requires an external line for pickup and for relief drain, and for psi to the block.

-12 for the pickup.
-10 to the remote filter/cooler and back to the block feed at the top ft below the intake.
-8 from the relief to the fuel pump block off plate. [welded a -8 steel fitting there.]
Stock cover requires some "JB" welding near the crank sensor bolts to seal the gasket. Stage 2 block is open in that area and it WILL leak if not modified.

HTH,

Back under my rock;) ;)

stage two oiling

I use a 14 bolt stock oil pan made two inches deeper with a custom made pickup inside the pan, i have two of them lee thompson made one got the other one from P T E i use a front cover off a production 4 . 1 with stock pump gears , the pump housing is ground on a little , i use a T A performance plate. my motors are all off center, my motor idles at 1000 rpm, i have 30 lbs pressure at 180 degrees 75 lbs at 7500 rpm with 40wt oil i have used this for 4 years never had any problems with oil pressure or flow, 265 inch offcenter stage two, oc,:rolleyes:

Back