You can type here any text you want

one front wheel tucked more than the other???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lib87t

GAME OVER
I have a 87 Turbo T and my left front wheel is tucked 1 1/4 inch more than the right side. I cant see anything different from one side to the other? What could it be?

Worn bushings (body or a arm), sagging spring, if it is pass side could be the upper a arm bushings have been melted out by the down pipe. Some inspection and maybe posting some pix could help with an interwebz diagnosis.

Its the driver side, Its exactly 1 inch difference. So driver side wheel is tucked a little. I have it on jacks stands now with no wheels on it. The car tracks straight. I cant remember if it sagged in front. If it was a boddy bushing how would that cause the front wheel to go inward???

Measure the distance from the frame to the wheel hub, you might be able to narrow it down and see if the frame is tweaked

Then measure from the inside of the wheel lip to the frame on both sides too see if its the body not sitting straight

I have the same problem... I consulted the suspension experts and they told me that the body sits just slightly crooked and they come that way from the factory... Even if you replace body bushings and tighten the snot out of it, it will creep back to the driver side and always will. That's the info that was given to me.

I just measured from frame to fender lip on both sides and there is a inch difference. So you think its just body bushings.

My front tire sits about 1 inch from the front fender. I measured the distance from center cap and driver side was about inch wider. Now my car has been in a accident and has some frame damage. Goes down the track straight but I noticed the driver side front frame horn does stick out a bit more and there are a few more shims on my passangerside bumper support. I so know the body bushings on this car are shot so that could actually be an issue?

TRICKSIXPA said:
My front tire sits about 1/2 inch from the front fender. I measured the distance from center cap and driver side was about inch wider. Now my car has been in a accident and has some frame damage. Goes down the track straight but I noticed the driver side front frame horn does stick out a bit more and there are a few more shims on my passangerside bumper support. I so know the body bushings on this car are shot so that could actually be an issue?

Core Support is off, Like stated above,All 86-87 GN's cores are off-set to allow downpipe room,People just don't notice running skinnys in the front. Mines been straightened below,still not perfect but it's Alot closer..(255/40-18's Falken r615's in front)

12-12-12 (12) 12-12-12.JPG12-12-12 (13) 12-12-12.JPG

I just measured from frame to fender lip on both sides and there is a inch difference. So you think its just body bushings.

The core support is shifted to the dr side 1"???? [Body mount issue there?]

How do i fix that???
Look at the corners of the lower support bar. There are body mounts there. Thru bolts/nuts. Do some measuring to confirm it's off. If it is, you may be able to move it 1/2", to center it. [That mount does not sit in a hole, but has a sq hole inder it, in the frame, to allow for adjusting.]
Car ever been wrecked? [Check at areas on the frame, just behind the ft wheels. Wrinked? If so, probably been hit.]
While doing any ft sheet metal adjusting, WATCH the door gaps, as well as the hood gaps.!!
It may be the core support bushings are trashed..Check them while U R checking things out. As mentioned, it may be time for a complete re-bush. Mine were rotten, crushed, missing...But, this thing is pretty much clapped out anyway..:eek:

Your expert frame guy says they were all assembled crooked??????????????:rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I looked at my front bushings at the core support and the driver side bushing is right on the edge of the frame, the pass. side bushing is in on the frame atleast 3/4 of an inch. So thats my problem, the body needs to go to the pass side a 1/2 inch to be centered.

I've replaced my core support bushings in both of my cars and removed the core support to get it powder coated. The only points of adjusting are the shims on the body under the hood and in the door jam. The core support practically locks up once you have both fenders bolted to it. No room to wiggle what so ever. I know my car is due to an accident but a bad core support bushing unless it was removed should not affect the fender being closer to the tire. Check your door gap clearances and run you fingers along the rocker panel to see if there is any dipping. Also bust out a tape measure and measure your wheel base center cap to center cap. Body guy told me that when they fixed my car they must have pulled the driverside frame forward to offset the damage. He referred to the car would crab walk to the side if this hadn't been done.

Back