You can type here any text you want

One fun kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LSTTYPE

Tonight my wife and I took the old TR to the in laws to go out to dinner. My father in law just bought an LT1 firebird and is starting to get into the hotrodding hobby. I couldnt wait to show him the old Buick and what it's capable of. Well we ended up going to dinner and on the way home- there it was, a new GT mustang with a plate that said NPRSUIT. Mind you that there were four of us in my TR and some how we both ended up at a red light. The owner (by himself) of the mustang kept looking over at us with the typical mustang grin thinking "4 people in a 80s monte carlo, this will be easy". He kept reving it up and I just looked ahead for the light. I could not power brake since I had the 215-65 tires on. I knew that I was going to fry my tires regardless of the whole shot. The light turned green and up in smoke went my tires. My mother in law was like "oh my gosh be careful", and the mustang and I were side by side. I finally got traction in second gear and put about 5 cars on him and shut it down. The guy gave me the old thumbs when I slowed down and I thought that was kinda cool. I Wonder if he knew he just lost to a V6 with 4 people in it. I think this was my funnest kill I have ever had. My father in law now loves my Buick and couldnt stop talknig about how cool our cars are and how he would have never thought that Buick could have made such a car.

it's amazing how many cars you can still beat with a TR with 4 people in it:D :D :D

Great kill man, but why does everyone say it was only a V6? I know it is but it is turbocharged which gives it more power then most V8's out there. It really bothers me when peops do this because it makes it sound like an ordinary V6. By the way the GN motor does not sound like a V6!!! It is fricking awesome.

I should add on the mustang owners behalf that my car is far from stock. However I think even a completely stock TR with 4 people still would still take a stang. At least a stock GT anyways! I believe the mustang I raced was stock save for maybe a borla exhaust. Yeah I know are cars sound different than other V6 cars, I think they sound like pissed of tractors.

Guys, I know that for most of you it might be tough to remember what your GN was like when it was stock. Maybe you have just tried to block those terrible thoughts out of your head;) . I had 5 people in my GN over the weekend and my car felt like a total dog. My car is stock and there was about 800 lbs. worth of people in my car, seeing as I tip the scales at 210 and the lightest one of us was about 150. When somebody said punch it, I did just once and boy was I embarassed. One of my friends with me owns an 89 or so 5.0 Mustang. To my surprise he was really impressed. I just got my chip in the mail, and I can't wait to order my fuel pump, and adj. reg. I will definitely order that stuff within the next 3 days. I really wish that I had money. If anyone wants to donate money or parts to a desperate kid feel free to email me :D

Ryan

Originally posted by LSTTYPE
However I think even a completely stock TR with 4 people still would still take a stang. At least a stock GT anyways!

Depends on the GT. The '99 and up GTs can run high 13s. A bone stock TR can run high 13s. But can it run high 13s with 4 people in it?

Originally posted by DoPeY
Great kill man, but why does everyone say it was only a V6? I know it is but it is turbocharged which gives it more power then most V8's out there. It really bothers me when peops do this because it makes it sound like an ordinary V6. By the way the GN motor does not sound like a V6!!! It is fricking awesome.
You dont happen to know anyone with a 2001/2002 yellow GT that was on Higgins over the weekend,If so I hope he wasnt trying to race, because it was pretty sad...:D :D

Asphaltanihil8r-
I have no idea who that is. I have seen it around though. Was it a convertable? Ya GN/T-types can flat out fly with minimal tining and mods, however so can Cobras. Personally I like the 96-98 cobras the most. One of my buddies let me race his and it ran a 12.9X on just gears and slicks. The only reason cobras aren't faster from the factory is because they are so undergeared it's not even funny. That and the T-45 usually breaks after some hard powershifting :) By the way what suburb are you from? Maybe I can meet up with you when my car is finished!!!

Im from Des Plaines ,,I am going to try and make it to the TRain Station this spring for there smalll car show on Irving Park Rd

Dennis

Noy sure if he had a Convert,,he was trying a fly bt at about 45mph ,when his rear bumper got to my door ,I hit the pedal and it looked like there were 2 black stripes on his hood:D Yellow GT possibly with bullit wheels and black stripes

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
You dont happen to know anyone with a 2001/2002 yellow GT that was on Higgins over the weekend,If so I hope he wasnt trying to race, because it was pretty sad...:D :D

Was it a 5-speed? Sound like the exhaust was chopped off? If so the kid goes to my school. I've been waiting for him.:D

Back