You can type here any text you want

Opinions on this idea.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Because the TTA's have very little air blowing through the IC and most of us are without the scoop, I'm wondering if taking the crank fan off and mounting a high CFM puller fan on the back would be beneficial??? If nothing else while at low speeds or while in the staging lanes and at the line, the fan would keep the IC from heat soaking. Having a way for the fan to turn off at high speeds might also be a good idea....but then again, I'm not so sure that there is really that much air flowing through the IC at speed???

Back in the mid 90's a guy I knew fabricated a stock IC into a liquid set up that worked flawlessly even in the HOT Mississippi summer heat. For the TTA's this could prove to be a slick idea if the heat exchanger worked efficiently enough. Another buddy of mine is getting a copy of the blueprints for me and I might try this out just for S&G's. The only way to see if this actually works like it should would be to measure the air temps before and after the IC swap. I look into this during the winter and report back my findings.

I have one of the 5 ATR liquid to air intercoolers on my car. It seems to be acting up right now but I will try to get it fixed by summer, its hot in arizona.

If anyone wants some pics of the set up let me know....

Back