You can type here any text you want

Opinions wanted on what tire size to run on four front gta wheels.polish lips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboterror

I finally pieced together a set of four front gta wheels for my 86gn, since Ive only ran stock wheels on every tb Ive ever had so Im not sure what tire sizes would look right/fit. I know a bunch of of you guys are running or have ran them. Whats your recommendations? I do want to stay the same size front and rear. The lips are looking ragged on a couple of rims that I have,whos polished them out and what did you use to strip them? oven cleaner or? I want them to all look uniform and I think polishing the lips will look nice.

245/50-16's all the way around. You can fit a 255 in back I think, but no rotating.

Good deal,I wasnt sure if it would fit but I was actually scoping out that size. I have 245 45s on my mustang and I like how wide those are plus a 50 series will give me a little more sidewall

I run 245/50-16 on the fronts and 255/50-16 on the rears. Wheels and tires are currently in storage, but will be coming back out in the spring.

245/50 is the most common size, but the speedo will be just a hair fast- the odometer will be off like 1/10 of a mile every 5 miles or so.. 255/50's on the rear will make the speedo exactly right and give the car a little more of an aggressive visial "attitude" that you won't quite be able to quite put your finger on..
either size is getting harder and harder to find in a decent tire for a decent price any more.

245/50/16f 255/50/16r

245's look to small in the rear in my opnion. Some have gone with a 275 with no issues.

Back