You can type here any text you want

oversized front claipers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; Anyone try the OS front calipers I see for sale? If so any problem with wheel fit?
IBBY

which one? there is one that looks like a stock single piston unit but has a bigger bore, and there are 2 and 4 piston calipers that bolt to the stock brackets and (i think) use the stock pads..
the single piston calipers won't take up any more room than the stockers, and the multi piston units might take up a little bit nore room.. but the stock rotors are so small that i don't think you'll have any problems with any wheels that are bigger than 14" in diameter.

hello; Thanks for the reply. I havn't done any research but I believe it's the stock looking one with a bigger bore is what I saw being sold. There was a post here with all kinds of data about it but I forgot all that was said. The rims I have now are 16"x 8" and who knows for the future. I like the Bare,Wilwood products but in my case the OS would be fine I believe.
Someone must of tried the OS style I'm talking about.
IBBYy

You will have no problem with OS caliper on 16x8 wheels if you go that route, I have the dual piston Blazer calipers on my GN with 15" rims and they clear no problem.
The 15" rim I have are the "Gnx look a like" from Kirbans.

Back