You can type here any text you want

Part number for Oil Pump pickup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
Anybody have the part number for the Melling or Sealed Power Oil pickup. Is there any differences I should be worried about? This will be going in a stock pan no Girdle on the block.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

20IS2 is Melling 224-128 is Sealed Power. They're pretty much the same part (If not the exact same part rebadged. They both use the same picture.)

Make sure to check your pickup to pan clearance. I had to 'stretch' mine to close up the gap and I don't even run a pan gasket.

I still have my old metal shaving collector aka pickup tube. To extend the gap do they have small spacers? Or do you just add oil pickup gaskets? I'm using a cork Dutt gasket.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I used a couple of open ended wrenches to take some of the "S" out of the S-curve. If your clearance is loose without a gasket like mine, you'll also have to stretch it the amount of the compressed gasket.

Earl: do those aftermarket pickups have the little trapdoor in them, or are they fully screened?

Jay J

Back