You can type here any text you want

Partial GNX clone

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SirChandlr

1983 Buick Regal T-type, that has been made to look like a GNX. she still needs the wheels, but the bumpers, spoilers, flares, t-tops,fender louvers, ect.. are all there. And the paint is only a couple weeks old!

Before you say the 3.8 turbos in the 83's suck, let me tell you this motor has been replaced with a healthy 350, backed by a fresh rebuilt grand national(200r4) transmission. Tranny's got a shift kit and boy does she bang gears. Behind that is a 3.73 posi rear end. This car really gets up and goes (when its done spinning the tires anyways)

The motors got a 600 cfm carb, and breathes through headers into a true dual exhaust.

There's a fuel cell in the trunk, and a braided stainless line runs fuel up to the motor.

The suspension has been gone through, with all new shocks and springs, and new lower control arms and bushing in the front.

The power steering has been upgraded from that crappy hydro system to the the 87 style.

There's a custom dash, to support the plethora of gauges. It looks real nice though, check out the photos.

The paint is NEW! It was painted on sept 9th. From 10-20 feet this car looks MINT. Up close you can see flaws however. There are lots of little dimples and swirls all over the car. They are so small that they won't show up well enough on photo, but do be aware that they are there. I encourage you to come view the car in person and evaluate it yourself. I think its fine enough, but if you wanted a show winner, you'll want to have the paint redone.

Mechanically the car is sound, runs and drives great. Has LOTs of power.

At the moment , the driver's window is slightly off its track. It still goes up and down, but wobbles and doesn't always close right. The drivers t-top leak a bit in heavy rain, but that may be due to the wobbly window, since it leaks mainly around the window. I can and will fix this as soon as i have time.

Overall this car is in very nice shape.

I haven't owned the car long, and have only driven it a few times. Of course I had to get on it and see what she could do, but this car hasn't been beaten yet. The previous owner was still working on it, and since all the work has been done it has had few miles put on it. I have put a couple hours of regular driving, and I'm very confident in its ability as a daily driver. I've been seriously considering taking my porsche off the road and driving this. This is definately faster, and honestly, gets more looks. You will get Constant attention wherever you go.

Its a 1983, and here in massachusetts that means no emmisions requirements!!

I have a complete 1984 t-type that i'm going to be parting out, So that motor is available to buyer for an extra fee.

Asking $4k, located in southeast massachusetts

Back