You can type here any text you want

Performance oil pump.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The ad says it is a booster plate configuration not a high volume (longer gears) setup. I'm using a booster plate on mine with stock length gears and get 30 psi hot idle, 10-40w oil, with a 180* stat. I would say it should work well even though I have never tried one. :)

Thanks. I'm compiling a rather lengthly list of to do things in the next 2/3 months. Timing chain/gears, ect. Want to do some upgrades while it's down. You'll notice I've asked several questions about products lately. The list keeps getting longer.:redface:

Yes thats the one I'm talking about. I'm more of a DIY'er also but after reading how critical setting up an oil pump correctly can be I don't really want to screw it up and ruin a good motor.

So am I. Search for Earl Brown. He modifies front covers, and doesnt seem to have a problem sharing his knowledge. I think on t6p he had a complete write up for the DIY'ers. I believe he still uses the stock pump gears :confused:, but I could be wrong.

Is there a reason why you're upgrading the oil pump? is the engine out and apart?

If you have good oil pressure, leave it alone. If the engine is running, then maybe just add a booster plate and go on.

Is there a reason why you're upgrading the oil pump? is the engine out and apart?

If you have good oil pressure, leave it alone. If the engine is running, then maybe just add a booster plate and go on.
No reason at all. Just want to upgrade a few things to keep the motor alive. It's got 54,000 on the clock. Just want to install new rollerchain and related parts to keep her in tip top shape. I still need to install an oil and temp gauge.

Back