You can type here any text you want

PEVR on A 81 Turbo Trans AM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

81TurboTAMike

HI,

I need help finding The PEVR on my 1981 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am, If any body has any info for me i would really appreciate it. I have seen the picture of the one on the pre ecm buick manifold from the web site but i dont see anything like that on my car.

Im trying to test the pressure of the turbo and my Mtichell shop manual says to tee a pressure guage into The PEVR and i cant figure out where it is supposed to go. There is the pressure line coming from the base of the turbo to the actuator that tees of and goes to thhe MAP sensor. Im not sure if you can check it there or not.

Thanks for any help.
Michael Bundy

You won't have a PEVR with a MAP sensor. The PEVR is for the power valve on a non-electronic carb. The MAP is for an ECM.

T into the line at either the compressor base or at the MAP, whichever is easier. It would really be worthwhile to leave a pressure (boost) gauge permanently installed.

HTH

thanks alot

Thanks alot for the help. I was thinking that it might not have one with the MAP. But I wasnt sure because The Mitchell Manual said to hook into the PEVR I guess mitchell was wrong.

Thanks again,
Michael Bundy

Back