You can type here any text you want

Pics of my 8k mile, cloth TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Thought some of you would enjoy some pics of a nice TTA. I'm not finnished the project yet, but It pretty much looks how it's going to look when it's done. Shooting for 9's in 2007.:)

Attachments

• ta5.jpg
    ta5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 197
  • ta10.jpg
    ta10.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 198
  • ta3.jpg
    ta3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 195
  • ta9.jpg
    ta9.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 198
  • ta4.jpg
    ta4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 195
I love the cage. Do you have any pictures of the side of the passenger side of the motor? If you do, could you please email or post them up? Looks great.

Jason

Nope lol...A direct sideshot from the passenger side...Specifically of the turbo, downpipe, and headers.

Jason

Here are a few more.

Attachments

• ta1.jpg
    ta1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 190
  • ta2.jpg
    ta2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 185
  • ta8.jpg
    ta8.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 187
  • ta13.jpg
    ta13.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 187
  • ta14.jpg
    ta14.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 189
Maxing out the alky eh? Nice car and good luck with the 9's.

Jason

The competition looks good... :D I think he needs another nozzle put on there soon.

Trent, got your email about the knock.. dont know how to answer. I need to look at my settings.. but wont be able till she's running again. Be a couple weeks.. I'll try not to forget.

Originally it was just set to do 5 degree's. But the updates now have recovery and such and dont know how their setup.

Julio

A cage in an 8K mile cloth TTA ... You don't see that everyday! Here's to having the nuts to doing your own thing :-) Good luck on the strip ...

Well, I guess it does take a certain mindset to do that.;) Please bear with my ignorance but how did you get that cage in there and paint it? I never figured out how that can be done.:redface:

Well, I guess it does take a certain mindset to do that.;) Please bear with my ignorance but how did you get that cage in there and paint it? I never figured out how that can be done.:redface:

It was built in the car and tac welded temporarily. When it was done, it was pulled back appart and taken out of the car for the main coat of paint. Then, once dry, put back in the car and tig welded. After the welds cooled, the joints were then painted inside the car. The paint is a special fast drying paint. Any overspray dries in the air. Very durable and scratch resistant stuff. Turned out great. Personally, I think the cage adds to the look of the car. It's done with class. It might have dropped the value of the car to someone else but to me, it's worth more.:)

True and it's your car. You will also thank your self if you get t-boned or hit the wall at the track...The car will be totalled anyway but you will be safe.

Jason

Why was the wideband sensor install at the elbow? I thought the were suppose to be away form the turbo a little furhter then that? And I need a 4 inch intake pipe like you got there. Did Bill fab that for you? Michael

It was built in the car and tac welded temporarily. When it was done, it was pulled back appart and taken out of the car for the main coat of paint. Then, once dry, put back in the car and tig welded. After the welds cooled, the joints were then painted inside the car. The paint is a special fast drying paint. Any overspray dries in the air. Very durable and scratch resistant stuff. Turned out great. Personally, I think the cage adds to the look of the car. It's done with class. It might have dropped the value of the car to someone else but to me, it's worth more.:)

I thought something like that would have to be done but haven't talked to about it with anyone. Sounds like they did a nice job with it. Is that paint an automotive paint?

Why was the wideband sensor install at the elbow? I thought the were suppose to be away form the turbo a little furhter then that? And I need a 4 inch intake pipe like you got there. Did Bill fab that for you? Michael

Yes, Bill made that for me. That's the O2 sensor weld bung. There is another one also. Its for the FAST system.

Say, is that the stock intercooler with duttneck? Are you going 9's on it?

Jason

I'm gonna' try like hell to get in the 9's on a stock IC. Bill thinks it can be done with the Alky. Just have to get some bottom end work done so I can crank it up. The 10.7 I ran was on a semi conservative launch. And my first and last run with the T-brake for the season. Can't wait till spring.

More eye candy!

Attachments

• ta15.jpg
    ta15.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 127
  • ta18.jpg
    ta18.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 131
  • ta21.jpg
    ta21.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 131
  • ta24.jpg