You can type here any text you want

Piston ring ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Does anyone know what piston ring manufacturer uses this 7 piece setup? The very thin sliver of ring is whats in question.

Attachments

• 20180817_144218.jpg
    20180817_144218.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • 20180817_143930.jpg
    20180817_143930.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
One of the side rails of the oil ring, or the oil support ring because that's a long rod/stroker piston?

Yes it is a stroker rods are 6.2 , 280+ CI
What brand/ manufacturer are they? Going to rering the motor while its down for a connecting rod change out.
Anybody got a up or down on this type ring?

Does anyone know what piston ring manufacturer uses this 7 piece setup? The very thin sliver of ring is whats in question.
If earlbrown doesn't know then no one will! Looks very similar to a set of JE pistons I have that are from my TA build. I don't have them in front of me to compare, but from what I remember it looks the same. Wish I had a better picture picture for you.

Attachments

• IMG_5231.JPG
    IMG_5231.JPG
    955.5 KB · Views: 58
Yes i agree, earlbrown is a wealth of knowledge on this stuff.

Yes it is a stroker rods are 6.2 , 280+ CI
What brand/ manufacturer are they? Going to rering the motor while its down for a connecting rod change out.
Anybody got a up or down on this type ring?

First, you need to figure out what you have. Now really worried about brand name on the pistons, but what they actually are.

You need to measure the ring grooves ACCURATLY. The difference between a 1.5mm ring and a 1/16 ring is only a few thousandths. And it might be a different thickness than those examples.

Next you need to measure the oil slot, figure out which of the rings you have is the oil support rail and subtract that from the groove to find out what oil rings you need.

...and of course the bore size.

All the while keeping in mind your bore finish will dictate what type of ring you need to run since they have to be paired to each other.

Back