You can type here any text you want

PLEASE HELP cant figure out how to get off TB

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87grandnat

i cant figure out how to get the trottle body off, on the passenger side theres that bolt that holds that spring thing and theres 2 pieces around the bolt so you cant turn it, im not good at describing this kind of stuff so hopefully someone knows what im talking about, someone please help me!

Sounds like you're talking about the piece that opens/closes the throttle blade and that the throttle cable...TV cable...cruise cable attach to...it's held on with one nut...there's a metal piece with tangs that goes under the nut then the tangs are bent up against the flat part of the nut to lock it in...just bend the tangs down and the nut will come off...

Originally posted by MSDGN
Sounds like you're talking about the piece that opens/closes the throttle blade and that the throttle cable...TV cable...cruise cable attach to...it's held on with one nut...there's a metal piece with tangs that goes under the nut then the tangs are bent up against the flat part of the nut to lock it in...just bend the tangs down and the nut will come off...

Bong then it hits you in the face or the spring shoots across the Garage floor. :D :D

Warning:D

Sounds like he's trying to take off the throttle arm.On the driver's side there's a nut with a washer behind it.The washer has two tangs on it designed to keep the nut from loosening off.
You have to bend the tangs flat and undo the nut.Be sure to hang on the lever when you remove the nut or the arm and spring could pop off and nail you[as NJ stated above].
Once the nut is off,gently pull up on the lever and rotate it counterclockwise about 1&1/4 turns.
That should get the arm off.

Trottlebody off??

If you are trying to take the body off, you don't remove the linkage assy.
You unhook the 2 cables, remove the vac lines or the vac block,[2 screws], unhook the IAC plug, unhook the water lines,take the 2 nuts off, and remove the body....

OR you find a TR guy and have him do it....:D :D

cool thanks i got it off, i was trying to get the tb off but couldnt figure out how, but now i do have it off thanks for yall's help

Back