You can type here any text you want

Plug size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8urV8

Hey guys need some info on what spark plugs I need to run with my cars new setup? My combo is a built motor with champion aluminum heads,218-218 flat tapped cam,70 GTQ turbo.Whats a good NGK plug or ? Thanks for any info.

Eric

I've used these with no problems NGK TR5 or TR6 and Autolite 103 or 104

You have a similar combo as mine.

I use NGK R5671A-8's mostly. The last number is the heat range. With NGK's, the lower the number, the hotter. My car likes the 8's. May want to start with the 9' and move your way hotter by reading the electrode strap.

Advanced Auto's part number for the 8's is 4554. They are $1.99/each at the store I go to.

You have a similar combo as mine.

I use NGK R5671A-8's mostly. The last number is the heat range. With NGK's, the lower the number, the hotter. My car likes the 8's. May want to start with the 9' and move your way hotter by reading the electrode strap.

Advanced Auto's part number for the 8's is 4554. They are $1.99/each at the store I go to.

Hey Kevin how much boost are you running?

Hey Kevin how much boost are you running?

30+:D It's a stock stroke, .020" over bore that makes power just north of 6500 rpms. Other than the high boost, the tune is pretty conservative, low timing and afr's in the 10's. I like it that way because it doesn't brake.

30+:D It's a stock stroke, .020" over bore that makes power just north of 6500 rpms. Other than the high boost, the tune is pretty conservative, low timing and afr's in the 10's. I like it that way because it doesn't brake.

Thats sweet!!! I don't think my block could handle 30lbs. of boost. Maybe if I ever save for a stage motor!!!

Back