You can type here any text you want

Power Antenna Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rays87gn

My 87 GN power antenna has decided to run all the time. I unplugged it at the fender connection. I'm researching the fix, but don't know what "Series" car I have. The manual, starting on page 9A-36 lists Series A, J, B & E and G. How can I determine which I have? Looks like getting the unit removed from the fender is the worst part of any repair to it. Appreciate any help or hints

You can get replacement parts right from Kirban. Or go fixed mast and never deal with it again. Oh, when you open the fender to remove the old one, protect your paint a d be prepared to get cut up. Then, when you remove the old one, either save it to sell as people even buy non working units or smash the bastard with a hammer.

I tried repairing one once with a new nylon cable. I needed another set of hands and finally gave up. I think Kirban is carrying them again. Or pull one from the j/y. I tried an after market one and it barely worked. I think it was a Metro, bought off eBay.

A buddy pointed out today the thread/link for fixing the power antenna for less than $2, no longer works. Anyone have ideas why? or does anyone still have the information?

I fixed my old one with no problem using that kit from Kirbans!! When the cable is broken the motor will keep running. If you don't want to fix it I'll buy your unit from you as long as the mast is not bent! PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We now have a better solution than a reproduction unit. If you do not get my free wekly inenr circle email me denniskirban@yahoo.com

to get al the info as it is not yet on our website.

I found a guy who been rebuilding them for ten plus years uses a steel plastic sleeve cable rather than the plastic one like GM used..problem is the plastic gets brittle and breaks.

we also sell a booklet that explains in great detail how to remove your antenna as it has to come out from the bottom of your fender. Takes special care to do it so you do not kink your fender.....

we sell a reproduciton but currently out of them...we do sell a replacememt cable which is one optiion better option is we canget yours rebuilt for I believe $99.95 simply call my office and we give you the address to ship it to. It will be better than new.

I currentl yhave this source building units for me they would run I think $149.95 again better than the repros as the cable is steel not plastic.

we also sel the reproduction with the special bracket....some companies sell the same repro with no bracket no idea how they recommend you secure it to your car...so options exist...

power antenna failures is probably second to powermaster failures...3rd would probably be the cassette failing which probably don;t bother many owners.....

My office has the info.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Like I said the weak part of any of these antennas is the plastic cable inside....kinda like filler panels they get brittle after awhile...

Back